Man dies mistaenly taking pesticide

Aizawl,25 April (PTI): A 61-year-old village leader died after allegedly mistakenly consuming insecticide in Kolasib district of Mizoram, police said today.

V Sangmawia, President of the Village Council of Kolasib Project locality, was admitted to the Kolasib District Hospital on Saturday after he had serious breathing problem and died at the hospital yesterday.

Sangmawia was taken ill after he drank insecticide, mistakenly thinking that it was the medicine he was regularly taking.

Doctors at the Kolasib District Hospital said that the patient died due to cerebral pneumonia caused by weakening of his body by the insecticide.

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form